Thirty-six years ago today, Yooper Stewart entered the world. How prophetic that he was born on opening day of rifle season during the deer hunting season. I doubt his parents imagined that camo would become an every-day pattern in their son’s life (at our house we now consider camo a neutral – we pretend like it matches everything because he’s going to wear it with everything anyway).
I’ve know YS for nine years now, and I love the man more and more each day. Here are some of the reasons why I love him:
– He remembers the names of my favorite authors, then picks up books with endorsements by those authors because, “I figured if your favorite author liked it, you’ll like it too.”
– When everything goes wrong and I want to throw things out the window, he taps into his calm-reserves and talks me down (unless the problem is fudgie traffic – then I have to talk him down).
– Have you seen him smile?
– Every night in the winter he gives me a foot rub before bed. EVERY night (even if I’m already asleep, he’ll rub my feet until he knows for sure that I’m unconscious).
– He’s taller than me. That means I can wear heels!
– Old ladies love him.
– Little kids adore him.
– He makes me a better person (whether I want to be or not).
Happy birthday, honey. I love you!